Friday, January 19, 2018

Thoughts During Lunch Break


The italics are a sort of meditation to help guide you into my thoughts over lunch break.

 

Imagine yourself in comparison with the ant, flea, or grain of sand. You are massive compared to these smaller things. Think deeply on this and ponder this.

 

Imagine yourself moving like a giant, without sudden movements, but instead slow and steady as if the grain of sand were a normal person. 

 

Now look at your hands. Slowly move your fingers and understand that you are in control. Your hands are your servants to serve your will. They do as you command. They feed you, scratch an itch, lift objects, and rub your eyes so you can see more clearly. They are to serve You.

 

This is what I was thinking about while on my lunch break at work today. I began to think about my body as the makeup of billions of cells and atoms to be what I am. And for the most part, I am in control of them. They serve me. This was very empowering. I felt like I was some ruler or emperor commanding legions of armies under my breath.

 

Then, my body started to turn on my mind. I began to think, “What if all of this is some big mirror act, and my mind is a puppet to my body??” I felt that maybe my body was in control of my mind, and that my body was so intelligent that it could read my mind and move in sync with my mind’s thoughts as if it were looking in a mirror. My body was in control of my mind..

 

I felt trapped, in a prison, in an eternal hell that I was forever being controlled and had no way out of it.

 

Then I realized I wasn’t in war between my mind and body, but instead in a balance, a peace. The mind helps the body, and the body helps the mind. My mind tells the body what to do, so that the body may live and be healthy. My mind needs the body, and the body the mind. The body willingly serves my mind, (ideally) following it’s every command. No more puppetry, no more prisons, no more hell.

 

I am at peace.

 

The river would not be a river had the ground not given it a path. The ground would not be the ground had the river not obeyed the ground’s direction. The river would become and ocean and have no direction. The ground would be hidden underneath the ocean and never be seen again.

 

All things must work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment