Sunday, January 8, 2012

A little about me.

This is my first time blogging since the xanga days (many of you do not know what that is), so it has been a while. That just means I have all that much more to say that has been building up over the years. I thought I'd start my first post about me so you can get an idea of where I come from for my posts in the future. So here it is!

I was born in Murfreesboro, TN, the city that is the very geographical center of Tennessee! I know that's not very exciting, I just thought that I would add in a fun fact about my birthplace. When I was born on Wednesday, my lungs did not disperse the oxygen into my blood like they were supposed to so I was hooked up to an oxygen machine. The local hospital's machine could only give me up to 70% oxygen and I needed more. I was then life-flighted up to Vanderbuilt and put on 100% oxygen there. By the next day the doctors suggested to get everyone together because I was not expected to make it to the end of the day. God let me live, and by Sunday they could see small improvements in my condition. To give you an idea a to how bad off I was, when they put me on the machines one of my lungs had two holes punctured in them, and the other later had one hole punctured in it from the pressure of the machine. I was 9lbs and 5oz in the NIC at Vanderbuilt with premature babies that needed hearts, and I was labeled as in the most critical condition. The next Sunday they planned to expect me to be there for at least another 6 months. By the following Monday, the doctors couldn't explain what happened but said I was healthy enough to be sent home. So that night I was sent home at about 8:30pm twelve days after being born, and have never had any breathing issues since then.

At the age of six, I began to ask questions as to who Jesus was and why we went to church. After long talks with my parents and pastor, I "accepted" Christ as my Savior. I was young and did not fully understand the unending grace of God (and I am still learning), but I feel that I believed in Christ as much as a six year old boy could.

I have lived in Murfreesboro my whole life. I went from one of the oldest schools in the city called Central Middle School to the newest called Siegel High School. I was in the first class to go all four years at that school, and graduated in 2007. From there I went to the MTSU, which was deemed the largest state university in Tennessee with around 26,000 other students. School was never "my thing". I had other goals for my life. I have always thought that God had bigger plans for me, but through high school and college I started to stray away from that idea. I started thinking more about me, my life, and my big plans for myself rather than His plan for me. I decided to move out after I graduated at the age of seventeen. I got a couple of jobs along with taking sixteen hours in school. I started becoming lazy and started missing classes, although I would still go to work so I could pay bills. I was never the party type or into drugs, so I stayed out of that crowd. Work, sleeping in, and gaming was my thing. I dropped out of college the beginning of my second semester after flunking the first. I had a 0.42 GPA. Recently, I went back to school to retake those classes and with the help of God I brought my GPA up to a 2.9.

I was never good at test taking and would always question "why" I needed to learn something instead of just taking the time to learn it.This, like many, is the question I have asked about so many things throughout life. As I have gone around asking "why" I have found many answers and many dead ends. I am twenty-two years old now, and even though I "accepted" Christ at six I have recently been re-awakened to only find the glory of God staring me in the face. I spent four days watching live sessions of a conference called Passion, reading my Bible, and praying. Now that the sessions are over, I am still reading His word and praying more than I ever have. I have now decided to fully surrender my life to Him.

This blog is about my studies from being raised in a Christian home my whole life, mixed with the views of others on Christian theology that I have adopted, and my daily Bible readings. I pray that in these blogs, God gives me words to bring Himself more glory and praise, and that you may open your hearts to His word. Whether you like or not what you see here, I challenge you to go read His word for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I say this because, even though I already heard and knew most of these issues, it takes a better person to actually take the time to write it out, state them publicly, and be serious about it, without any kind of crazy advertisement or rewards. Also, you mentioned giving up X-box Live, it's a material thing, but a very addictive one indeed! I know from experience thru family and from myself. Kudos to ya! I myself haven't really played my games for a while either. I've actually found something more "permanent" to use my time on, but even then I find myself slip up a little at times. However, I'm definitely encouraged to keep up my pace after reading this. :) Thanks, and I'm praying good words for you!

    ReplyDelete